EKHC exists to serve God through proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to the people’s of Ethiopia and beyond so that people may have eternal life, become Christ’s disciples, and be fulfilled spiritually, socially, mentally, and physically so that they become salt and light for the glory of God.
Its theological and ministerial education department endeavors to create a conducive environment to make theological and ministerial training available, accessible, and sustainable to raise women and men who are called, qualified, committed for the ministry.
Graduated over 350 students since 1990 in multiple disciplines
None formal education
Non – formal training schemes provide in-service training for those who are unable to join formal training institutes due to financial and time constraints, etc.). There are two ministries providing informal training within the EKHC.
- Bible Training for Church Pastors (BTCP)
- Over 10,000 church leaders and ministers trained since 2012
- Over 1000 students being trained in 100 centers in three language: English, Amharic and Afan Oromo.
- Theological Education by Extension (TEE)
- Over 15,000 students graduated since 1974
- 750 students are studying the Scripture in three zonal churches of the EKHC.
- Continues preparing lay ministers to Churches
- EKHC has six colleges that focus on providing theological and ministerial training in diploma level.
- Aim at preparing leaders/pastors, cross-cultural missionaries and Bible school teachers.
- Graduated about 1350 students since 1988 & serving in district and zonal level
- Two of these colleges provide specialized training in missions and leadership and community development
- Evangelical Theological College (ETC)
- Inaugurated its ministry in 1990
- Aims at preparing ministers for higher level of teaching, leadership and missions.