More About us
The Ethiopian Kale Heywet Church was established in 1920 by SIM Missionaries who came from North America. The Church, from its very beginning, had evangelized, engaged in Literacy campaign, provided health facilities and holistic ministry in the South and Western areas with standing acute sufferings. Later, these activities were terminated by the invasion of the Italians.
When the America Missionaries were expelled, the first believers carried on all the ministries started earlier paying the price and the Church could widen its horizon increasing the number of members and Local Churches as well.
The Church had made significant expansion in the years 1940-1966 working hand in of evangelism, education, health facilities and many other sectors.